Monday, April 9, 2012

My April Challenge

It's Monday and I got to start it off in the gym.  Today was my cross training day and I did the recumbent bike.  Held a pretty good pace at a moderate resistance level.  Then I did weights working on my legs.  I'm ready to increase the weight on several exercises so I'll be doing that on Thursday.  I got home and did my Buffy core workout.  This episode had a lot of invisability so I had to do 300 Russian Twists total.  Not so much research though.  In addition to the Russian twists I did 20 V-ups, 1 burpee, and 5 squats.  I did the Russian twists with a 5 pound medicine ball to add a small challenge.

Speaking of challenges, I'm issuing one to myself.  I did this last year and didn't make it so this year I'm going to destroy it!  April is the Boston Marathon.  I'm going to see how many times I can run it this month.  I'm totaling up my running mileage throughout April to see if I can run it at least 1 1/2 times.  So far I have 3.1 miles towards my first 26.2.  I'm only counting those miles that I run so no biking or walking miles.  I'm really wanting to get this this year so I'm focused and ready.

Tomorrow I'm out for a long run and I was thinking of taking my camera along and turning it into a photo run.  I've been wanting to do this and just haven't yet.  My time will be slower, but it should be fun.  I'm trying a new route tomorrow and it will involve more hills on the back end of the run, but I need to do more hill work.  Then I'll go to the gym for arm work.  I'm really excited to head out tomorrow morning for this run.  It should be fun!

Right now I'm getting a shower and making cupcakes.  I have a ton of recipes to try and I'm making my first one today.  Key Lime Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting.  They should be good.  I can't wait to see how they turn out!

Enjoy your Monday!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment