Thursday, April 12, 2012

Glad I Did My Workout Today

It was a rough morning.  Yesterday I had a pretty icky day overall.  I didn't sleep much last night either.  When my alarm went off at 4:45 this morning, I really didn't want to get up.  I sat on the couch for a few minutes and argued with myself.  Then I remembered what my inspiration for the week is:




I got myself up and ready to go.  I really didn't want to, but I had to make myself do it so that I can reach my goals.  I'm so glad that I went to the gym.

Today was an interval day so I decided to get to the gym early and just do it on the treadmill.  I ran for 23 minutes at a nice easy pace to loosen up then I did the following:

3 sets of 1 minute @ 10:15 pace with 2 minutes recovery between each hard
2 sets of 1 minute @ 9:45 pace with 2 minutes recover between each hard
1 set of 1 minute @ 9:30 pace with 2 minutes recovery.

I then did a 9 minute cool down at a nice easy pace.  My total mileage was 4.08 miles.  That brings my total for the April Challenge to 12.68 miles so far.  Almost half of the Boston Marathon!

After I ran I did upper body weights.  I increased weight on half the exercises today.  I won't increase anymore until after my 10k now.  That took about 30 minutes. 

After dropping James off at daycare, I came home and did my Buffy core workout.  Once again I had to add my own core workout as there wasn't much in the way of the list.  I did get a pretty good workout in though.  I stretched in between sets.

When it was all said and done, today was a great workout.  Once again I am so glad that I made myself do this.  It was worth it and I feel better.

Tomorrow James and I are going to walk to daycare and then I'm going for a 3-4 mile run on the way home.  It should be a nice morning and it's always a great walk with him.

It's almost the weekend so enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment