Monday, April 30, 2012

Last Run of April

This morning I started a new training program.  It's a program for a half marathon.  I don't have one scheduled yet, but I want to see how time consuming the training is and if I could swing it when swim season is in full gear.

Today called for a short 2 mile run.  That worked out perfectly since I just did a race yesterday.  It got the bugs out and stretched the legs a bit.  James and I walked to daycare and it was raining.  I really didn't want to run in the rain, but I figured I had better suck it up because I'm NOT doing my 10-12 mile runs on a treadmill.  YUCK!  Plus it really was a nice temperature for running.  And I got to try my new rain running jacket.

The walk to daycare was nice.  A bit cold, but nice.  James was excited to tell everyone about his broken finger.  He was also trying to figure out what to bring to school on Wednesday since he's the Star Student this week.  It was raining, but it wasn't a hard rain.

By the time we got to daycare it had stopped.  I left my umbrella at daycare with him and took of on my run back home.  I know the walk to daycare is 1.5 miles so I had to figure out another half mile without having mapped it out before hand.  I just decided to run up a different street and hope it added some mileage.  It added a bit, but not enough. I ended up running 1.87 miles, but my pace was pretty good.  I also had some rolling hills in there and one short, but steep hill.  That was good for me since I am really not a fan of hills, but have to work them.

It was a nice quick run.  Tomorrow I do 4 miles after our walk to daycare.  I am getting up early in the  morning to go to weights first.  I have those scheduled 3 days a week.  This week, however, I am only doing 2 days.  I was supposed to do them today, but decided not to push it this morning.  Tomorrow I'll get them in and again on Friday.

I'm excited to see how this goes.  Now if it would just stay warm I'd be all set.

After today's run and with yesterdays run my April Challenge total is 27.23!  I met my challenge of running the Boston Marathon and then some.  Last year I didn't reach it, but this year I did.  I'm so glad I did it too!

Well, off to start my day!  Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment