Thursday, April 26, 2012

Getting Excited!

I'm getting really excited for my 10k on Sunday!  I feel really good about it.  I've been running really well and feeling really good. 

Today I got up and did some interval training.  I did it on the treadmill.  That is the one thing I like the treadmill for, interval training.  I started out with a 1 mile warm up at about a 11:30 pace.  It was a nice easy mile.  I was relaxed and felt loose.  Then I did 6 rounds of :45 at 9:30 pace with a 2:00 recovery at a 12:00 pace.  Then I continued at the 12:00 pace for another half mile and did a 5 minute cool down. 

Today's run brings me up to 19.15 miles for the month.  I'm getting closer to my goal!  This is a good challenge for me right now because I made the decision to start a training program for a half marathon.  I'm starting Monday and have it all planned out.  I'm not currently planning on running a half, but it's in the back of my mind.  I want to see how much time this will involve and how I can work it in with swimming.  Right now is a perfect time to do this as I have more free time.  I still have the weights worked into the training as well as cross training and rest days.  I have to make sure that I keep myself motivated as well.  I think I can do this!

I have to go to the dentist this morning and I'm really not thrilled about it.  I don't like going so my run this morning was to help take the edge off.  I should be fairly relaxed now and ready to sit for a bit.  At least that's the thought.  I'll see if it works.

Mike also gets home tonight.  He's been in Pennsylvania all week.  I know he'll be glad to get home.  The weekend at Niagara Falls will be relaxing as well.

I guess I had better get ready for my dentist appointment.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment