Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Inspiration Tuesday...Inspiration For a Snowy April Day

I know I've been lazy and haven't written for awhile.  We had Team Champs and swimming took over my life for a week.  It was crazy!  But the kids swam well and I had another swimmer from my group qualify for Provincials and another swimmer get two more events for Provincials.  Plus they all dropped a lot of time.  So it was a great meet!

Mike was in Chicago last week and he's in Pennsylvania this week.  He has a lot of traveling coming up the next few months, so it's just me and the animals.

I got up and ran just over 3 miles today on the treadmill.  I ran inside because we have snow on the ground.  It's the end of April and we have snow.  It's not a lot, but it's wet and cold and heavy and slick so I just hit the treadmill.  I'm not doing weights this week because I have my 10K on Sunday.  It's my first and I don't want to hurt so no weights until next week.  With this 3 miles I'm up to 15.8 for my April Challenge.  A little more than 10 to go!

Today felt really good.  I felt like I could run forever.  It was one of those days where I had to remind myself to stick to the plan so I wouldn't hurt myself especially since I didn't run last week.  I felt like a super hero though.  Really relaxed and in the zone.  This week my inpiration is this:


I felt unstoppable today.  I want that feeling to carry over into all my workouts and races.

After this weekend I'm starting a new training program.  It has more distance and some of those runs I'm making into interval runs so get a bit of speed training in as well.  I figured this is a good time to start upping my mileage since swimming is winding down.  I think it should go well.

Well, off to enjoy the rest of my day!  Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment