Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Inspiration Tuesday

I know I didn't get this done last week so here it is for this week. 


This is so true!  This morning I almost let myself sleep in and not go for my run, but I got up and did it.  I felt so much better afterwards.  I was excited about it and happy with my time.  I even decided to turn it into a photo run.  I took my camera and stopped at a wetlands on my route and took some pictures.  It was amazing!  I had 3 geese come right up to me and just check me out.  If I wouldn't have had the discipline to get up and head out, I would have missed all that beauty and those geese.

Today I ran five and half miles.  That means I'm up to 8.6 miles for my April Challenge.  Only 17.6 miles to go and I've completed the Boston Marathon once.  Knowing that I'm chipping away at it makes me feel good.  I don't know if I'll ever run a full marathon all at once, but doing this Challenge is fun.

After my run I did my Buffy Core workout.  Not a whole lot of work with this episode so I filled in after I was done stretching.  I did exercises on intervals otherwise I wouldn't have gotten much in at all.  Instead I turned it around and just did my own thing.

I have another day full of fun and excitement ahead of me today.  I have to hit the grocery store and get another section cleaned.  I'm working on my spring cleaning and I'm doing it bit by bit.  It's slow going, but I'm getting there.

Tomorrow is my rest day.  I'll be at the University all day working on swim stuff.  Thursday it's interval training and weights.  Friday is an easy run.  Saturday is a short run and I think I'll try to add some speed work in there.  Sunday is another cross training day and weights again.  Since I'm doing most of my running outside again, I've adjusted my weight schedule.  When I have meets I'll have to adjust it again, but for now it's fine.

Well, I'm off to work on the rest of my day!  Enjoy your Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment