Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Inspiration Tuesday

.  Today was not a good day as far as my running goes.  I did something to my knee yesterday and today it killed me to run the mile that I did.  I wasn't even really running, but more of a fast walk.  Right now I'm icing it.  The plan for the rest of the week is to rest it tomorrow, cross train on Thursday and I'm at a swim meet Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I won't be running then.  I'm hoping with icing and resting by Monday I can be up and running again.  I have another 8 mile run scheduled, but I think that may get cut short to see how my knee does.  I may have to put this training program on hold for a bit.  We'll see though.

I read this today and thought it really fit what I need today and for the week.


I have to remember that everyone had bad days and I have to roll with it.  If this week is a week of rehab and taking it easy then I have to accept that.  I can keep going with other things though.  In the long run what I do now will help. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment