Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Inspiration Tuesday!

Yeah it's Tuesday!!!!!!  Today started our with a nice walk to daycare with James.  As we were leaving the house he made the comment that his two most favorite things to do in the world were crafts and exercise.  He absolutely loves walking to daycare.  This morning was a beautiful morning too.  It was in the low 50s with a beautiful sunny sky.  Spring is here and we love it!

The whole walk consisted of us talking about pretending and saving for a trip to Disney.  He really wants to go and to be honest so do I.  We came up with a plan save to go.  He's excited to help with that.  He also had to start planning what we were going to do this summer.  He needs to plan a vacation he said.  I reminded him that we are going to Winnipeg for Uncle Pat and Aunt Kristie's wedding.  And that helped with some of the planning.  He's so funny and it's never dull with him.

After I dropped him off at daycare, I went for my run.  I tried a new route today.  I had a 5 mile run on the schedule today and the total mileage ended up being 4.92 miles.  I went through McLennan Park.  It is a nice park near James' school.  A little less than a mile away.  I ran through a new neighborhood for me to run through.  It was pretty.  Once I got on the trail into the park I hit the first hill that kicked my butt.  See this park was built on an old dump.  It has a huge hill in the middle with mountain bike trials on it.  I was on the walking/running path, but still a big hill that just got me was right there just over  a mile into the run.  I ended up letting the hill win and had to walk up it.  I was kicking myself the whole time, but I will be running this route again so I will beat it next time.

After that I settled into a pretty good pace.  Now this route took me up a pretty busy road.  When I started back into running I stayed pretty close to home and off of main roads because I didn't want anyone to see me run.  Now I'm on main roads and I really don't care.  I was pretty proud of myself when I realized that.  I'm slowly stepping outside my shell.

It was on this road that I met my second hill that kicked my butt.  I ended up having to walk up it as well.  Friday I run this road again so I will make sure I run up this hill!  It may be slow, but I'm going to do it! 

Then I was back on familiar ground with a downhill run to the entrance to our neighborhood.  I hit one of the schools near us at drop off time.  I swear some parents don't watch where they are going when they are driving to school.  I saw a few kids almost get hit and it wasn't because they weren't paying attention...it was the drivers not paying attention.  I felt like I was running an obstacle course dodging kids, backpacks and cars.

I was pretty happy with my time when I got home.  I am going to have to start wearing my fuel belt on my longer runs.  Especially now that it's getting warmer and I get dehydrated quicker.  Friday I'll have that with me when I run home from dropping my car off.

This week while I was running I did let my mind reflect on last week.  Last week I just couldn't seem to find my motivation.  I kept finding reasons NOT to go running or to the gym.  Each day I felt that I let myself down.  I'm the only one that can be disappointed when I don't run or workout.  I'm the only one that feels it.  This is my source of inspiration for the week.


One of the ways James and I decided that would be a good way to save money for Disney was in addition to putting our spare change in a jar, I would put a dollar in for every mile I ran.  That way I'm helping two goals...saving for Disney and keeping motivated.  I don't want to let him down so I will make sure I stay disciplined.  I'm getting a jar ready today and we are going to start saving.

Tomorrow I have a short 2 mile run that I will probably do on a treadmill as a warm-up before I lift weights.  Thursday will be 4 miles with interval training/hill training and weights.  Friday is a 7 mile run.  I have to take my car in for an oil change and warranty maintence so I'm running home after I drop it off.  The route I'm taking is quiet hilly and I'm going to be ready for it!  Saturday is a rest day and Sunday is cross training and weights.

I'm ready to destroy this week!  I'm off to a good start and I'm going to keep disciplined and keep the momentum going!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment