Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Inspiration Tuesday

It doesn't seem like a Tuesday to me.  I guess when you have a busy weekend, everything else tends to fly by too.

Friday, Mike and I had a date night.  We went to see The Avengers.  It was a great movie!!!!!!  I recommend you seeing it if you haven't yet.

Saturday I had to get my NLS updated.  That's the lifeguarding stuff here in Canada.  It was a quick course and I was glad of that. Then Mike and I went shopping for groceries.  I normally don't go on Saturdays, but we had to get stuff for dinner.  We made steak, fried mushrooms, and asparagus.  It was wonderful!!!!!

Sunday I had a meet and Mike left for Ottawa.  It was a quiet afternoon for me after the meet. 

Yesterday I must have really needed the sleep because I slept through 2 alarms.  I never sleep through my alarm.  It was 10:00 before I got up.

This morning I got up and went to the gym.  The plan was to just do weights and then go for a run, but it was really foggy and rainy so I decided to to some interval training on the treadmill.  It was an okay workout.  I warmed up for about a mile and a half.  Then did 6 rounds of 1:00 hard and fast with 2:00 recovery.  The 1:00 went okay, but the recovery was slower than I would have liked.  I just wasn't feeling 100% today.  I then did about a mile cool down.  Afterwards I did weights.  I did a full body circut, upper body and legs.  It was a struggle getting through that to be honest.  I normally feel really good after I workout, but today not so much.  Maybe it's the weather.  I'm hoping it is.

As I was running I just kept telling myself to keep going.  Same with the weights.  That's why this week my inspiration is this...

 
I'm going to keep reminding myself of that this week.  Tomorrow I have a short 2 mile run planned at some point in the day.  Thursday it's 4 miles and weights.  Friday is a cross training day and weights.  Saturday rest day and Sunday a long run of 7 miles.  I just have to keep going because I'm still breathing.

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment