Thursday, May 17, 2012

May Is Half Gone!

Wow, I just realized that May is halfway over!  I was sitting here looking at our calendar in the kitchen and it hit me.  It has been flying by!

Yesterday I went for blood work and came home and finished the newsletter.  Before I knew it, it was lunch time.  I didn't get my short run and weights in so I switched it to Saturday after swim practice.  With the long weekend, I'm hoping everyone else will be gone so the gym won't be too crowded.

This morning James and I walked to daycare.  As usual, he was solving the world's problems.  Today he was fixing the enviornment.  He is so cute.  We signed him last night for 2 day camps in August.  One is called Clay Works.  It's at a local artist studio and they do all sorts of clay and art projects.  Plus they play games and go outside.  The other camp is called Mad Science Camp.  He's going to the Rocket camp.  They are building lots of different rockets and launching them as well as learning about the mission control, they physics of rockets, and other rocket stuff.  He is really excited.

After dropping him off at daycare, I went for my 4 mile run.  I am really starting to expand my running area.  I used to try to stay in our neighborhood.  I didn't want to stray to far from that.  Now I'm running all over the place.  Tuesday the hills gave me problems.  Today that was not the case!  I wouldn't say I destroyed the hills, but I did defeat them!  It felt good too.  I wasn't keen on them as I was running up them and cursing them, but once I got to the top I was fine.

Tomorrow I take my car in for some warranty maintence and an oil change so I'm running home.  I have a 7 mile run scheduled.  I know the route I'm taking has a ton of hills too.  I may not beat all of them, but I will make a good go at them.

The long weekend is looking like it's going to be a really nice one.  I'm excited for that.  We are finishing our spring cleaning and doing more yard work.  I'd like to have it all done by Sunday afternoon so we can just enjoy Monday.

Right now I'm off to get ready for my dentist appointment.  Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment