Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Beautiful Morning, An Okay Run

It is just such a beautiful morning this morning.  The perfect running weather in my opinion.  The air was clean after the rain yesterday.  It was cool and sunny.  Just perfect.

I started out with an uphill run.  Meh...not my favorite, but I did it.  I just never really loosened up after that though.  The first mile was a bit of a struggle for some reason.  I eased my pace and focused on my breathing.  It wasn't labored so my pace was good.  I just kept saying one foot in front of the other.  

I got to the trails around the schools and the adventure began.  Between the two schools there is a  little wetland area that has geese.  Well, around that area my shoe came untied so I bent down to tie it.  I saw the geese with their babies and made sure I wasn't stopping near them.  I stood up too fast and got a head rush.  It took me a minute to clear that out so I just walked a few steps.  Well, one of the geese didn't like that and started giving me the evil eye.  I told him to relax and I started running again.  He didn't like that I talked back to him and started hissing at me and half-heartedly chasing me.  The other geese just kind of rolled their eyes and kept on eating.  I got away without having to fight the goose, but I was still a bit dizzy.

I ended up having to walk a bit to get everything calmed down.  I just felt a bit off and wanted to make sure I was okay.  Once I felt good, I started running again.

I came off the trail and turned right instead of left and the went straight when I should have turned.  It got turned around and ended up seeing a new street.  Of course it was on a steep hill. 

I got back on track and turned onto Ottawa which is a main road.  I'm running along the sidewalk and I hit a mine field of goose poop.  I must have provided some amusement to the drivers on their way to work as I dodged goose poop and snails crossing the sidewalk.  Finally I got onto to Fischer Hallman and the downhill part of my run. 

I was still tight and was trying to stretch it out a bit on the downhill part.  Normally I'm watching the bushes along the wooded area, but today wasn't a normal day.  A rabbit scared the crap out of me as it darted out of the bushes and into the trees.  Once again, the drivers had to find my jumping straight up and running in the air funny.

I finally turn back into our subdivision and am running the final stretch home.  The last half mile was pretty tame.  Just a few kids starting to walk to school and people out walking their dogs.

I lengthened my run by a half mile due to the wrong turn and I felt tight almost the whole run.  But I did it and I'm glad I did it.  The morning was perfect and the air was fresh.  I'm looking forward to my walk to daycare with James tomorrow and then my 6 mile run afterwards.  I'm exploring a new route so I'll have to see if I can stay on track or not.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment