Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy Victoria Day!

Wow we've had a busy weekend, but we've gotten a lot done and just enjoyed being at home.  We got some more flowers in the flower beds.  We bought a little bistro set for the deck and got that put together.  I made potato salad and White Russian cupcakes.  We've grilled out every night.  It has just been a really nice holiday weekend.

This morning I got up and went for a long run.  It was a beautiful morning.  Nice and cool and quiet.  I headed out on a new route.  I wanted to run through Huron Natural Area for a change of pace and to get a bit of trail running in.   It was so peaceful being the only one on the trails early in the morning.  I did about 2 miles of trail running and then took a new paved trail back into a new neighborhood. 

I had a vague idea of where I was, but I ended up taking a wrong turn and had to double back.  That made my run a bit longer, but that's fine.  It was a nice morning.  I got back on track and was on my planned route again. 

I'm glad I choose this route because there really is no traffic.  It's quiet and natural.  I like that.

 About a mile to a mile and half away from home my knee started hurting.  I'm hoping I just twisted it while running on the trails.  I iced it and it feels better. I just don't want an injury now that I'm really feeling good about my running.  I'll stretch and ice some more later today and make sure I'm taking really good care of it.  Tomorrow I have a short 3 mile run planned and then some weights so that will help me recover.

Today we are doing some more organinzing and grilling out again.  I have really enjoyed this weekend and really don't want it to end.  Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment