Friday, July 29, 2011

Pushing through

Mike is home and I told him that he had to kick me out of bed to get my run in this morning.  I have been feeling lazy lately so I had to force myself to get out and run.  I'm not gonna lie, it was not my best run feeling wise.

At the start I just hurt.  My legs were sore and it took me a bit longer to get into the run.  Once I settled in I felt pretty good for awhile.  Then my stomach started hurting.  It's been a long long long time since my stomach hurt like that when I ran.  I pushed through and got home.  I cut my run short by about 10 minutes though.  I really wanted to get a longer run in this morning.  I was able to get just over 2 miles, but still I wanted to do more.

I'm just not feeling it this week.  I'm not sure why though.  I just have to keep going and keep running so I can push to reach my goal.  I have 2 months until the zoo run and I want to hit that 30 minute mark.  I think I can do it if I keep up with my training.  I have a race on August 7th and then one on August 28th.  I may run one on September 10th or 11th as well.  Those should be able to tell me where I'm at as far as time.  September 24th is the zoo run and then the 25th is the island run I'm doing.  After that I have the Race for the Cure and the Onkel Hans Thanksgiving run.  That pretty much wraps up my racing season for 2011.  I am doing the Resolution Run on January 1st, but with swimming that's pretty much all I can do through the fall and winter.

This winter I will start training for my first 10k.  I want it to be the zoo run next September.  I may try to do a few 8k runs in there as well.  I'm nervous about this, but I know I will be fine.  I just have to set my little goals and I can do it!  I'll be using 10k101 to help me train.  It's an interval training program that I just have to listen to what it tells me to do and I don't have to think.  It's a Running Mate program so I know it's a great one.

Off to recover from the run and to get some work done.  Tomorrow morning I'll try to get my full run in and I think I may try to get some speed work in as some point.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment