Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is Canada Day!  I got to spend the afternoon at the Provincial swim meet.  It was nice.  Wasn't crazy about the parking lot though.  There was a ribfest going on at the same location so it was just a mess.  I was lucky that I got a parking spot almost right away.  Getting out was a test of paitence though.  People just don't like to wait when its crowded.  They have to be rude and just try to rush.  There is no where to rush too because it's crowded.  Just sit and wait like everyone else and you'll get there a lot faster.

Once I got home, Mike grilled steaks and aspargus.  It was soooooooo good!  I love using the grill in the summer.  It keeps the house cool and food just tastes amazing.

After dinner we took the dogs for their nightly walk.  We walked 2 miles tonight.  They are getting into the habit of knowing that after we pick up from dinner they get to go for a walk.  They were prodding us to the door tonight.  Walking them is sometimes like walking 2 of the 3 Stooges.  They just tumble over each other, walk right into each other, push and shove each other.  It's funny to watch.

Tonight we were going to go see some fireworks, but we both decided that we just wanted to stay in and watch movies.  I'm all for that.  After dealing with crowds earlier I don't know that I'm much in the mood for dealing with them tonight.

Tomorrow I am getting up and going for a run then running a few errands before we go to a wedding.  Its supposed to be hot and humid so I'm really not looking forward to that part.  My dress is light enough that I should feel to hot, but still I feel sorry for Mike.  We'll be fine and have lots of fun though.

Sunday we're planning on doing a bit of work around the house so we'll stay close.  Just kind of day and we both need it.  Monday I'm doing a Fourth of July cookout and I can't wait.  I've been feeling a bit homesick for Virginia and the USA so I'm going to bring a bit of it up here.

8 more days until the Warrior Dash!!!!!!!  I'm getting really really pumped for it too.  The weather is supposed to be mild so that's a blessing.  I run at 10:00 am and that will help as well.

Busy July and today is just the start! I can't wait!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment