Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday morning run

What a beautiful day for a run!  The air was cool and the sun was coming up.  It was perfect running weather for me.  I love running on mornings like this.  I have to admit that I am a fair weather runner.  I am not to keen on running in the middle of winter and I hate running in the humidity.  Now its not to say that I won't run in those conditions, but I will make it a short run though.

Tomorrow I have a 4.5k trail run.  This one I'm really nervous for.  I was reading the email they sent and there are lots of narrow paths.  I'm afraid I'll slow another runner up and I don't want to do that.  There are places to pass but for some people it may not be soon enough.  I'm also a bit nervous about some of the hills.  Hills are not my friend.  I'm overly cautious and it kills me.  I have a huge mental block that I have to break through.  Maybe this will be the race I do it.

Sunday I do a 4k mud run.  That I'm excited for!  I like the challenge that it presents.  I like the idea of slogging through water and mud.  I guess it's my inner 6 year old boy coming out.

After the race on Sunday we may go to the Rib Fest here in town.  It will depend on time as Mike has to go to Ottawa for a few days.  I think it would be fun and I have been craving BBQ ribs for a few days now.

I have so much to do today and just no time to do it in.  I guess I better get to it though.  I'm glad it's Friday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment