Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dirty Dash Mud Race

Today I ran the Dirty Dash Mud Race and it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!  I had such a great time.  We had to take the before picture first.

I am nice and clean and ready to race.  So here we go!



The race stated out with almost 2k out in the open fields.  Running up and down some rolling hills.  That took me into the woods.  It was so much cooler in there.  I loved it!  I was moving right along when I saw a group of people stopped.  It was the first river crossing.  There were some logs we had to climb and then wade through the water.  They were making us go single file for safety.  It add about 2 extra minutes onto my time, but that's fine.

It was hard to get started after waiting at each river crossing.  I was going along okay and then I came across my arch enemy....the HILL!!!!!  Not only was it steep, but they were making it muddy and slippery with a sprinkler. Ugh...I had to walk it.  After that hill it was a short bit more on the trails and then back out into the open to hit the mud pit!  Here was what that was like!









I had such a good time!  And then Mike had to get the after picture.


I can't wait to do this next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment