Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Finally got out this week

Monday and Tuesday I was just beat!  I couldn't seem to get out of bed.  I think I really needed the sleep.  Plus I did some work around the house.  Today I finally got out for a very quick run.

Since Mike is out of town James is with his mom this week.  He has had to stay with grandma and grandpa during the day because daycare is also closed.  Last night he stayed with me so I couldn't get up and run early like I love to do.  I delayed my run and that really didn't help my motivation at all.  I love running in the mornings.  I love the peace and quiet. I love counting the rabbits I see along the way.  I love the coolness of the air.  I love everything about running in the early morning.

James got up around 8am and got ready to go.  I decided that since I was fast losing my motivation we would walk to grandma's house.  James wanted to ride his skateboard.  He is still learning to ride and balance on it so riding his skateboard involves me holding his hand and pulling him.  He is getting better at balance though.  I didn't feel him pulling on me as much.  He is also getting the hang of steering and shifting his weight.  It did take awhile to walk there though.

By this time I really only had time for a quick run.  I hate that I had to cut it short.  I have so much to get done today that I really needed to get home.  We have people coming on Saturday and I need to get the house organized and cleaned.  Plus I had to feed the animals.

I did enjoy pushing myself on this run though.  I felt good to get my legs moving even for a short quick run. 

It's also getting hot again.  I'm glad I remembered my Bondi Band!  If you haven't tried these I highly recommend that you do.  I love them!!!!!  Saturday when the humidity was so bad during the race, my Bondi Band kept all the sweat from my eyes and face.  They really rock!!!!  You can get them here http://www.bondiband.com/  Today they once again kept the sweat out of my eyes and face.  I love these things!!!!!!  In fact I am going to order a few more before the end of the summer.

Now I'm off to hit the showers and eat some breakfast.  I'm really busy today so better get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment