Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Toronto Zoo Run

I have been looking forward to this race for just shy of a year.  This was one of the reasons I started running again.  Today was the day that I ran it!



It was a great race with a wonderful course.  It was so cool to have the animals watch you as you ran by.  The first animals were the lions.  We came through the tunnel and there was the male just lounging around.  It was awesome!!!!!!

The flamingoes and the parrots were very talkative.  The camels came up to the fence as I was running by them.  I saw zebras and giraffes.  I can't say enough about how fun this run was! 

Our numbers had our names on them and I forgot about that.  At one point someone was cheering for me by name and I couldn't figure out how he knew me.  Then I remembered.  It threw me for a second though.  After crossing the finish line we got really nice finishers medals. 

 I just love the penguins.

Here I am crossing the finish line and Mike and I after the race.




I will be doing this run again next year.  I had such a good time!

After the race we walked around the zoo.  Because it was cool the animals were all active.  We got to see a lot of the animals out and about.








Tomorrow I do the Island Girl 5k.  That should be another good run for me.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment