Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Beautiful morning for a walk and a run

Daycare is finally open again.  James was excited to see his friends.  Since I'm home and Mike had to go in to work really early this morning James and I decided to walk to daycare.  We got up and had homemade smoothies for breakfast.  He helped me put the trash out and we were off.

Its about one and half miles to daycare if we take the senic route.  Of course we did.  We had a good time.  The weather this morning was nice and cool.  It took us 37 minutes to get there.  Our pace was slow because he was pulling his backpack and talking a mile a minute.  That takes a lot of effort to do all three at once.

After I dropped him off, I ran home.  I had to take a shorter route because I have set hours when the swim parents can get a hold of me and I had to get home for those.  I ran just under a mile and a half home.  It was a good pace for me.  If all my runs could be in this weather or a bit cooler I would so be in my element.  I love running in this weather.  Tomorrow I won't get a run in because I'm at the University all day.  I may see if I can sneak one in, but we'll have to see.

Thursday I'm hoping to get up early and head out for a longer run and Friday I'll try to get  a short one in.  I have two races this weekend.  On Saturday I run the Toronto Zoo 5k and on Sunday I run a 5k on Toronto Island.  I'm excited and hopefully they will be really good runs.

Last night Mike and I celebrated our first anniversary.  I picked James up from school and he helped pick out the ingredients for a special dinner.  We had mussels and linguini with homemade sauce and brushcetta (homemade).  Mike and I had wine and James had sparkling grape juice.  He really liked that he got to drink it out of a wine glass like us.  For dessert we had mini cheesecakes and chocolate covered strawberries.  It was a quiet evening, but we all had fun and shared some great memories.

I just love those quiet family times that we have.  Those are the times that I know I will remember.  It's special to me to have them.

I have another busy day ahead of me.  Finishing the newsletter, outlining the script for our Rogers shoot, getting a few things done around the house.  It's neverending.  But it's Tuesday and we have a fun weekend ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment