Thursday, September 29, 2011

Busy Busy Busy Week

I can't figure out where this week went.  It's gone by so fast!  I'm sitting here trying to remember what all I did that made it go so fast and I'm just having troubles doing that.

Regardless, tomorrow is Friday and as James pointed out on our walk to daycare, the LAST DAY OF SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!  He stopped dead in his tracks when he said this too.  He's been really concerned about time and how fast it passes lately.  He couldn't believe that after tomorrow another September will be over.

We do have a busy weekend planned.  Saturday I'm at practice all morning and James has a make-up piano lesson.  If it's nice afterwards we may go to the park.  Sunday we are doing the Run for the Cure.  We have raised just over $800 for breast cancer research.  James is so excited to run.  Friday we will go pick up our race kits.  He's really taken owenership of this race since he helped fundraise some of the money.  It will be a fun day. 

I took Monday and Tuesday as rest days from training since my ankle was sore.  Yesterday I got back out and ran just over 2 miles.  It was not a pretty sight.  I couldn't get loose at all.  I felt heavy and tight the whole run.  My calf was sore afterwards as well because I have been really babying my ankle.  I had a sample of Tiger Balm so I tried that.  It really worked.  It felt so much better the rest of the day.  I stopped on the way home and bought some so hopefully this will help when I need it.

Today James and I walked to daycare.  He got a new umbrella so he had to bring that along.  It rained last night, but it wasn't raining this morning.  It didn't matter.  He had that umbrella up and he was using it.

I ran home after dropping him off at daycare.  Today's run was just over 1.5 miles.  I felt better than yesterday, but still heavy.  I did loosen up after about 5 or 6 minutes of running.  Hopefully tomorrow will be even better.

September did go by very quickly and I know October will just fly by.  Because time flies when your having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment