Sunday, September 4, 2011

I got out there this morning

I had to really force myself out this morning.  I got up and tried to talk myself out of running,  but I didn't.  I kept reminding myself that tomorrow I could go for a long walk since it's my off not a running workout day.

I did an interval run today.  I did a nice warm up run for about 5 minutes then I did 5 rounds of 30 seconds sprint/2 minutes recovery run.  I pushed myself on the sprints and I thought I did well.  The recovery runs got slower as I went through this set.  During my cool down run I walked the last 3 minutes.  I wasn't happy about that, but it is what it is.  I got out when I didn't want too and I ran.  I felt okay.  It was cool and started to rain at the end of my run.  I ended up running just over 2 miles in 25 minutes so I felt pretty good about that.

Tomorrow I will take a long walk with the dogs in the morning.  Tuesday I have another hard run.  I will do cruise intervals instead of sprint intervals.  I will do 5 rounds of cruise for 2 minutes with a 3 minute recover run between each.  Wednesday is my rest day and I believe Thursday is my long run.  I'm going to be ready for this zoo run no matter what.  I want to run a best time since I don't think I'll be running anywhere close to 30 minutes.  I just have to adjust my goals and know that I will get that 30 minute mark sooner than I think.

Yesterday I did register for 2 more races.  I officially registered for the Resolution Run on January 1st.  I enjoyed that run last year and I believe its the same course so I want to run faster than I did last year.  I believe my time was around a 36 so I think I can do it.

I also registered for the St. Patrick's run in Hamilton.  The last 2k of this race is straight downhill.  It killed me but it was fun.  I ran 34:04 last year so I would like to run faster next year.  I will be gearing up to start my 10k training at the point so hopefully I'll be in good shape.

Yes, I want to run a 10k next year.  I'm trying to decide if I want the Choclate Race or the Zoo run to be my first one  I'm leaning towards the chocolate race, but we'll see.

I'm excited about running again and I'm hoping that by my starting back into it on a more consistent basis that I will feel better about myself.  I"ve been feeling like a blob and I can tell the difference.  I want to get back on track so that I like to be in my skin.  Two days in and I'm already feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment