Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back in the swing of things

Last week was crazy!  School started for James.  Swimming started for me.  Time just slipped away from me.

I didn't get any runs in last week and I could tell.  I was grumpy and sluggish the whole week.  I got up today and ran.  It felt good.  With each step I could feel my mood getting better.  I ran with the radio on and it seemed like I wasn't running at all.  I love the morning talk shows.  I need to get my iTunes moved to this computer so I can download some podcasts to listen to.  I'm thinking I need to download the Sports Junkies since I miss them so much.  The talking makes me feel like I'm having a conversation and it makes the time go faster.  Music is okay, but I have found I run better with talking.

Swimming is back in full swing.  Last week was good.  Getting them back in the routine.  I have a wide range, but it will be fun.  It's a good group and I enjoy them.

James loves school.  His first week went great.  He loves his teacher and his classmates.  He told Aunt Kristie that he only learned a tiny bit though.  He's so funny about that.  This coming weekend we are going to a Renaissance Faire at a local park on Saturday.  I think he'll enjoy that.  On Sunday we are doing the Terry Fox run with the swim team and then going apple picking. Birtch Farms is where we do our picking and they are having their apple festival this weekend.  It's a great place.  They have lots of stuff to do for the kids and a corn maze.  This will be our 3rd year going here and we love it.

Yesterdy I finished Sylvie's Care Bear.  It looks really cute.  I have to get it framed yet and I'm doing that on Thursday since I don't have swimming that day.  Here is the finished product.
I am starting on another Star Wars project as soon as the black cloth I ordered comes in.  I have 2 more to stitch and then my neices and nephews are done.  Right now I'm working on some holiday tea towels to kill time.  I can't even do James' betta fish as the pattern has come in yet.  That's all right.  I'll get a start on these towels.

Mike is in Pennsylvania again this week.  He's spending more time in the States then I am.  This flight was fairly uneventful he said.  I'm glad because the last time he was there it was quite the adventure.

Everything is clicking right along.  Tomorrow is my long day and then I have Thursday off.  Gearing up for a busy weekend and then another really busy week.  At least it keeps me off the streets!

No comments:

Post a Comment