Friday, September 23, 2011

Thank goodness it's Friday!!!!!!

I am so glad it's Friday.  Normally, with my schedule, Fridays don't really mean anything.  But, today it means the Zoo Run it tomorrow!!!!!  I'm so excited for this run.  I have been waiting for this since November when I registered.  It's been my goal race.  It's been the reason I got back into running races.  I am just like a little kid when it comes to this.  I don't care that it's supposed to rain, I just want to run this race!

I'm thinking this may be my goal race for next year too.  I want to make this my first 10k run next fall.  I'm going to start training for the 10 k this winter to see how it goes.  I have several 5k race scheduled and I want to see if those times get faster by training for the 5k.  I'll have a few more over the summer and then in September run my first 10k. 

I know this summer was hard for me to stay motivated with running.  I really think it was the humidity.  Right now I love getting out and running.  I love the cool crisp air.  The quiet mornings.  I love just running in this weather.  I just have to work on getting past my heat mental block next summer.  I know I can do it.

Sunday I have the Island Girl 5k.  It's a women's only race and I'm looking forward to it as well.  It's on Toronto Island.  I've never been there so I get to see something new.  After that race I have our city training for the swim team.  I'll be so tired by Sunday night that I should be able to get a good nights sleep.

Things are clicking right along.  Everything is good and I am happy.  That's what really counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment