Sunday, September 25, 2011

Island Girl 5k

This morning I ran another 5k race.  It was the Island Girl 5k out on Toronto Island.  I had never been to Toronto Island and it is beautiful!  The course was so pretty.  I'm going to have to start bringing a camera on some of these runs to take some pictures while I run.

Because the race started at 8:30, we had to get up at 4:30.  That makes for a long day especially after the long day we had the day before.  I was glad it started at 8:30 though because it was cool and quiet.

The course was flat and an easy run.  I finished with a time of 35:11.  Almost a minute faster than yesterday.  I will say that I am sore right now and my ankle is weak, but not too bad.  I have to make sure I get for a run tomorrow morning so I can loosen up a bit.

Here a few pictures from today's race.

On the ferry heading to the island.



Before the race

Some silly pictures Mike took before the race.




After the race.




It was a really fun morning.  Now I'm going to ice my ankle as much as I can and take it easy until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment