Saturday, September 3, 2011

Happy Long Weekend!!!!!

Well, the last weekend of summer vacation is here.  James is excited to start school on Tuesday and I'm excited to get back to swimming as well.  I have some work to do this weekend that I've been putting off, but that will have to happen tomorrow and Monday.

We decided on a name for our new betta.  Her name is Simona.  She loves her new home and is often found zipping around her tank.   She loves the blood worm treats that Simon didn't care for and she will come up to the tank to talk to you when you are looking at her.  James loves his new friend.

I am trying a new running schedule.  I have 21 days until the zoo run and I need some major training.  I got up and went for short run today.  Tomorrow I will push myself doing some interval running.  Monday it's an off day for running, but will go for a long walk.  Tuesday I'm out for a long run of at least 40 minutes.  Wednesday is a rest day.  I have to look to see beyond that.  I'm really trying to get myself back on a schedule.  I want to run outside this winter as well.  I've already signed up for the Resolution Run on January 1st.  I don't know that I can get lucky 2 years in a row with warm weather.  I also registered for the Slainte St. Patrick's Day 5k.  This is the race that the last 2k are straight downhill.

Last night I finished the Star Wars sampler for my nephew Chi.  It turned out really well.  I have to get a frame for it today, but it looks so cool!  I'm thinking of getting the villian samler so I can maybe make stitch an afghan with the Star Wars characters on it.  That would be really cool!

Here is a picture of the finished sampler.

I'm now working on another Care Bear for my neice Sylvie.  I have another Star Wars one to stitch and it will be cool!

Well, off to enjoy the weekend!  I hope you all have a safe and restful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment