Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Feeling Discouraged

I'm just not happy with my running right now.  I realize that I took almost 2 weeks off and am now having to get back to where I was before.  I feel like I'm moving along at an okay pace, but then I see how long it took me and exactly how far I ran and I'm not happy at all.  Today I ran 2k in 26 minutes and I thought I ran further and a bit faster. 

Physically I feel okay.  I had to wear my knee brace because that's bugging me a bit, but other than that I feel okay.  I'm just really upset about how I'm running.  I have my goal by September 24th to be under 30 minutes for the 5k.  I'm afraid that I will be setting myself up for disappointment.  I know that I'm way to hard on myself and I have to learn to just be happy that I did my best, but that's not good enough for me.  I want to be better than just okay.  I guess I'll just keep on going and know that I have that goal in mind.

I also have to realize that even though I have these goals, I am also running becuase I enjoy it.  I love the early morning runs and the peace and quiet that comes with them.  I just need to focus on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment