Monday, July 30, 2012

Lake Festival and Monday Morning Run

This past weekend Mike and I went to Ohio for Lake Festival.  I love going because I get to see family.  Lake Festival used to be so much bigger, but it has just been really weak the last few years. It's sad to see that it's not as big as it used to be.  I used to love going downtown and seeing all the crafts and sales.  It seemed that more community groups used to do various things.  There has to be a way to make it better.

I did run the 5k that they have.  I love this course as it's really really really flat.  Here you get flat courses, but not like this.  It's so nice to run on the flat course.  It's my first 5k road race since I hurt my knee.  I did run the 10k in June, but 5k is still my favorite race.  I ran it in 33:14 officially.  That is about 30 seconds off my best time.  I was happy with that.  If that's where I am now after taking almost 2 months off to rehab my knee, then I should be running a best time in August when I run the Toronto Women's 5k.

Here are a few pictures from the race.




I got to see my great aunt this weekend as well.  I don't get to see her often so I love when I do get too.  Here I am with my great aunt, my grandma and my mom.  It's been about 5 years since we've all been together for a group picture.


I got to visit with my grandpa and my aunt and uncle as well.  I love when I can go down and see everyone.

This morning I got up and ran with Mike's brother.  He wanted to start running and asked if I would run with him.  I warmed up by running the mile to his house to get him.  We then did an interval run.  We started with a 5 minute walking warm-up.  Then we did 5 rounds of 2 minutes run/2 minutes walk.  Finally a 5 minute cool down.  The ended up being about 2 miles.  Then I ran the 1 mile home.  I'm back doing my sub-30 5k training program.  It worked to get me ready for my 10k in April and got my time down so I'm doing it again.  I have adjusted it some.  Today was supposed to be a cross-training day, but I figured this run/walk would be like cross training.  Tomorrow I have  4 mile long, easy run to do.  I'm taking a very hilly route tomorrow so I'll get some nice hill work in.  That's still my weakness so I'm going to really work on it this time through the program.  Wednesday, I run with Pat again, but I'm also hitting the gym to start back on my weights.  Thursday it's speed intervals and weights.  Friday short run with Pat and weights.  Saturday will be a rest day and Sunday a easy run.  I'm pretty excited to try to push it a bit again.  My knee has been feeling really good so this should be a good training phase.

I've been watching the Olympics and I love it!!!!!  What's nice is I can watch both the US coverage and the Canadian coverage.  I get to see different sports and different countries.  Right now I'm watching Serbia/South Korea in women's volleyball.  I watched rowing this morning and some swimming.  I am such an Olympic junkie and for the next 2 weeks I'll be glued to the coverage.

I'm off to do my core workout now.  I have been letting that slide so I'm back on it.

Have a great Monday!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment