Monday, July 16, 2012

It's a humid one out there

Whew...when I let the dogs out it didn't seem that bad, but once I got into my run it got really humid.

I took a new route today.  I thought I'd like to see a new neighborhood, but the funny thing is I really don't remember anything.  Normally on my runs I check out what houses are for sale, what people's flowers look like, etc.  Today I know I was looking, but I really don't remeber a darn thing.  I think the humidity was getting to me.

I did remember to take my water though.  I was glad for that.  Normally I don't take water for anything under 5 miles, but today I thought I'd better bring it.  I ended up drinking both bottles.

I ran just over 5k in 37:34.  It was a very slow run today, but I got out there and got the stiffness out from yesterday.  My left hamstring was a little tight, but after running and some stretching it's feeling better.  I also really tried to talk myself out of going today, but I'm glad I didn't listen.  I feel so much better since I've run.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be really hot and humid so I may switch it with Wednesday.  I'm supposed to do 5 miles tomorrow and the bike and weights on Wednesday, but I think I may do the bike tomorrow.  I'll be out of the humidity.  Wednesday is supposed to be a bit less humid in the morning.  We'll have to see.

Right now I'm going to finish my chocolate milke and get a shower.  I think a nice cool shower after that run will feel great! 

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment