Thursday, July 12, 2012

Trying to get it back

Blah...today was not a good run.  Not because of pain or weather or anything like that, but because I just wasn't feeling it.  I only ran a quick mile and a half.  I felt like I was running through soup for some reason.  The weather was perfect.  I felt great physically, but mentally I just wasn't there.

I'm starting to get discouraged..  First my knee.  Then my back.  Now I'm fighting mental battles.  Grrrrrrr...I want to get back into the running mode.  Where I was feeling great and in the gym doing weights.  Now I'm feeling icky after having to take so much time off for my knee.

I know I have to build back up and I know I have to be patient, but I'm not doing well with either of those.

I'm hoping that my race this weekend will help get that mental excitement back.  It's the Dirty Dash on Sunday.  I did it last year and had a blast!  I'm really hoping that it will give me that mental push that I need.

Today I'm heading into the office.  I have some work to get done and I'm coaching tonight.  I enjoyed the week off, but I'm ready to be back at the pool.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment