Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Warrior Dash

I ran the Warrior Dash yesterday for the 2nd year in a row.  I had just as much fun this year as I did last year.  It's a tough run because of the hills and the obstacles.  This year there seemed to be more obstacles that required crawling under things.  I don't remember quite so much crawling last year.  I still had a really good time though!

Mike and James couldn't go with me because James had a piano contest.  He did pretty good for not being able to play or practice for over 6 weeks due to his broken finger.  The contest was in Toronto so they got to have a guys day yesterday.  Here is James at the contest.



I didn't really want to go to my race by myself so my friend Vicky came up from Michigan and kept me company. We had  girl's weekend!

Friday we drove up to Barrie and spent the night.  Saturday we got up and went to the race.

It was at Horseshoe Valley Ski Resort.  Vicky was awesome for holding my stuff and taking pictures!  I really appreciated it!  Here we are before the race.



Most of the obstacles can't be seen by the spectators, but the last three are right where everyone can see.  Here I am going over the cargo nets.  I'm the on in the yellow.


After you get off the cargo net, the next obstacle is the fire. 



After the fire, the last obstacle was the mud pit.  I love ending runs in mud pits!!!!!!!




And I survived another year!



And they had firemen to hose off all the mud.  I think they enjoyed it just a little too much.  I mean how often to you get to shoot people with a fire hose.



I did manage to get most of the mud off there at the race.  I still needed to get a shower after our drive home.



Vicky and I had a great time!  I'm really looking forward to running it again next year.  It's just a lot of fun and different every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment