Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dirty Dash 4k

I love doing this run!  I ran it last year and had a blast.  This year was no different.  It's a short trail run through a park that ends in a giant mud pit.  The mud pit was very thick and very deep. 

The trail run wasn't super technical, but there were 2 stream crossings where everyone got bottle necked.  It kills your pace and your rhythm, but I run this on for fun.  I did take it easy on the hills since it was trail running that hurt my knee.  I had no pain and I felt pretty good running.

Here I am before the race.


Mike was there to support me.  I am so glad that he comes and is so supportive. 



And here I am in the mud pit.



Like I said the mud was thick and very hard to move through.  I got almost to the finish line and tried to stand up.



And the mud pulled me back down.  Once I stood up, my feet got sucked in so I had pry them out with my hands.


I finally got out of the mud and crossed the finish line.



It was a humid day, but near as hot as last year.  I did drop a lot of time from last year so I'm happy about that.  The river crossings did slow me down too.  I can't wait to run it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment