Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday, Monday...

And you can tell it's a Monday!

I haven't been sleeping well lately and I finally get to sleep and was going to let myself sleep until aruond 6:30, but the animals had other ideas.  Indy started yowling and knocking things off my dresser.  Anya decided that she needed to "share" my pillow.  Mulder, who slept with James last night, heard everyone else having fun so he came up and tried to "clean" my ears.  All at 5 am.  Yep, welcome to Monday!

I got up and putzed around until it was time to get James up.  He wanted to walk, but I really needed to get to the grocery so we decided that we'd walk this afternoon.  We went to the store and then I dropped him off at daycare.  Since we decided to walk this afternoon when I picked him up, I was just going to run to daycare and then walk home with him.  Well, when I realized how hot and humid it is I changed my mind.

After I put the groceries away, I went for a quick run.  Today was my short run day so I ran a quick 1.75 miles.  Just shy of my 2 mile goal.  I'm glad I took my small water bottle with me.  I usually don't take water with me on such short runs, but something said I should today.  I had to slow down about halfway through to take a few swigs.  Plus I put ice in it so it was nice to hold in my hand as I ran.

I was really happy with my time.  I held a pretty good pace for me on a short run.

Next week I'm going to start running with my brother-in-law in the mornings.  He wants to give it another try so I'll run with him on my interval days and short run days to get him back into it.  It should be nice.  Mike has been running in the evenings and liking that.  James will go with him when we have him.

My next race is the Lake Festival 5k this Saturday.  I'm looking forward to it since it's a really flat course.  I'm hoping for close to the same time as the Good Friday run.  I'll be really happy with that.

I'm doing a core workout before I shower.  I haven't been doing weights or core and I need to get back into it.  I'm going to do my Buffy workout.  I love that core workout and I'm in the mood to watch an episode of Buffy.

Tomorrow I have a 4 mile run scheduled and I'm doing that early before it gets hot and humid.  Plus James and I are going to the Market so I want to get my run done before heading out to buy lots of good fruits and veggies for our veggie challenge!

Mike and I are doing a veggie challenge and James wants to join us.  We are going to eat 5-6 servings of veggies every day.  James is going to eat 3-4.  The challenge is to make them all different and try new things.  I'm hoping it will get us back on track of good eating since we've been traveling so much and having to eat out.  We both just feel like slugs since vacation.  James also wants to try new fruits every week.

Well, off I go to kill my core!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment