Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Happy Wednesday!

Today was hard for me to get out and run.  The timing wasn't good.  The team I coach for has a swimmer on the Canadian Olympic team.  Andrew Ford made it in the 200 IM.  The prelims for that event were this morning.  Since CTV is showing it live he swam at 6:06 this morning our time.  I left for my run at 5:45.  When I got home, I got online and watched his swim.  He made the semi-finals tonight!  It was a really good swim too.  This afternoon I'll watch the semi-finals.

Yesterday I was supposed to go for a 4 mile run.  I got up, got dressed, let the dogs out and saw lightening.  It was a nice morning too.  Of course nothing ever came of it, but I didn't want to take that chance.  So I came back in and got ready to go to the Farmer's Market.

Today I ran with my brother-in-law again.  We did the 2 minute run/2 minute walk again.  The first few rounds I felt like I was pushing it a bit.  I think he was too.  The last 2 we got slower.  Overall my run was a bit slower than Monday.  I just felt slow and my feet felt heavy.  Tomorrow I'll be doing speed work.  I enjoy doing speed work.  It breaks things up.  I don't get a lot of distance, but it's fun to do.

Today I'm doing some more cleaning and organizing.  It seems like it never ends!  It has to get done though. Right now I'm off to do my core workout and then to shower.  Have a great day!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment