Monday, August 27, 2012

Toronto Women's 5K and Fan Expo

Wow!  We had a busy weekend!  It was a lot of fun though!

Friday we went to the Waterloo Busker Carnival.  We weren't able to go last year, so Mike and I decided to head up for it this year.  It's a lot of fun to watch the street perfomers.  Here are a few pictures.





Saturday was our really busy day!  Mike and I got up at 4:15 to get ready to head into Toronto.  I had a race that started at 8am and we had to leave by 5:15 to get there to pick up my number and get stretched before running.  I ran the 5k and it was pretty good.  Last week was my first week back with my consistent training.  I was also walking at least 3 miles everyday to take James to his camp.  I started back with my weights and I was feeling really good.  I had a good run and while it wasn't my best, I was still pretty happy with my time.  Here are a few pictures from the race.


 


After the race, we went to the convention center for the Fan Expo.  I have been looking forward to this for a long time!  I got to geek out and meet some really great actors and actresses.  I got to see all sorts of interesting costumes.  And I got hooked.  I wanna go to the ComicCon in March.

I had 3 people that were on my list for photo op and autographes.  They were David Prowse, Lou Ferrigno, and James Marsters.  I was able to get all three.  It was really cool to meet Darth Vader, The Hulk, and Spike.  Here are some pictures from the expo.

 
 




 


 
 

Yesterday we just lounged around and watched the first season of The Walking Dead.  It is soooooo good!  We hadn't seen it yet and we are now hooked!  I'm going to get season 2 today.

This morning I went to the gym for a cross training day.  I did 9 miles on the recumbent bike and then a full body weight circut.  I was sore from lifting last week so this really helped.

This afternoon I have a massage scheduled.  Mike got me gift certificates and I haven't used them yet.  I'm using the first one today.  I'm hoping it will help get rid of this kink I've had in my neck for a few weeks.

Tomorrow I am out for a 4 mile run.  I'm looking forward to it.  Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment