Sunday, January 1, 2012

Starting the New Year Off Right...First Run of the Year

Happy 2012!!!!!!  I had a great start to the new year.  Last night Mike and I stayed up to midnight and watched the ball drop on New York.  We just relaxed and had munchies.  It was a nice evening.  We enjoy just having easy evenings like that.







Today I started the new year off with a 5k race.  I was ready for it to not be so hot time wise as I haven't been able to run.  I ran Monday, but it was a short run.    Well, today I ran a best time, 34:54.  I was pretty happy with that.  It was raining the entire race and a bit on the cold side, but it was a fun race.






My next race is an 8k at the end of January.  I'm getting back to a running schedule and program that will help me get ready for that and my very first 10k in April!  I can't wait!

The New Year is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment