Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Bit Warmer Morning

This morning was quite a bit warmer than yesterday morning.  When we left on our walk to daycare it was around 34 so much nicer.  It looked like it was going to pour down rain at any minute though.  I kept praying that it would hold off at least until we got to daycare.

We had a nice walk.  James just talks about everything on our walks.  Today we talked about books and reading.  He says he is in the highest level for the Home Reading program in his class.  I can believe that.  He loves to read!!!!!  He got several books for Christmas and has already torn through them.  His favorites were Roscoe Riley Rules #1 Never Glue Your Friends To Their Chairs, Bad Kitty Gets a Bath, Encyclopedia Brown Boy Detective, and Frankie Pickle and the Mathmatical Menace.  He has read those through several times.  He loved them and has told Mike and I that we HAVE to read them.  I've read them and they are really good.  I have to get on Amazon today and order some more of the Roscoe Riley and Frankie Pickle books.  He thought those two characters were really funny.

The run home was much easier to get started.  My legs weren't as numb.  I got just over 2 miles in so I felt good.  I did finally try my hill after not being off for awhile.  I did get 3/4 of the way up and had to walk the rest of the way.  I wasn't too upset, but Friday I will attack it again.  Tomorrow is my day off since I'm at the University all day.  Thursday I will try to get 4-5 miles in, but I run the opposite direction and down the hill.  So Friday after our walk to daycare I'll run back up it.  19 days until my 8k and I want to be ready!  My goal is 50 minutes or faster.  I think I can do it, but I have to really kick up the training right now.  I just hope its not super cold on the 29th.  But if it is I'll deal with it.

Today is a day of catching up on laundry since Mike the the washer fixed.  I've already put one load in before we left for our walk so I should make a pretty good dent in it today.  I also have some new glasses that I need to wash and the dish cabinet to get organized.  I'm off and running after a nice hot shower, a cup of coffee and a smoothie.

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment