Sunday, January 29, 2012

Robbie Burns 8K

I ran my first distance over 5k today.  I ran an 8k and was really happy with my time.  My goal was to run it in under an hour and I ran it in 58:53.  I felt pretty good running too.  I know where I'm at right now and what I need to do to get ready for my 10k in April.

Here are a few pics from the race.





This past week was really busy.  We celebrated my birthday on Wednesday.  It was nice.  Mike made salmon and blueberry salad with stuffed Portabello mushrooms.  He and James got me a cake as well.  We spent a nice quiet evening at home.  Just what I wanted.

Friday I went and joined the gym.  It was my Christmas/birthday present.  I'm adding weight training to my running and it will give me access to a dreadmill and other machines for my off running days.  I also got 6 sessions with a personal trainer and I start those tomorrow.  I'm really excited about that.  It will get me started.  I'm going early to get a recovery run in before I meet with him.

We have been getting snow this week.  We get some then it warms up and melts then we get more.  I just wish it would make up its mind because its really killing my head.  Plus running outside is crazy.  I am getting some Yaktrax this week so that I can run out in the snow and ice and not slip all over the place.  I want to run outside as much as possible because I HATE running on a dreadmill.  Plus so far I've been lucky with my races and haven't had to run in snow or ice...yet...I know it's coming though.  I would rather be prepared.

I'm looking forward to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment