Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Beautiful rainy Tuesday

I got a really good run in today.  Just shy of 3 miles and at pace that was just a tad faster than my best 5k pace.  I was pretty happy about that.  I love running on mornings like this.  It's a bit foggy and a light drizzle.  The temperature was about 37 so not to cold.  It was a nice run.  Right now I'm enjoying my post run smoothie and will get ready for the rest of my day.

I went back to the doctor last week and they took me off my thyroid medication, but put me on iron pills.  My iron was really low so hopefully this will help.  I am on 300 mg for the first month then I up it to 600 mg in February and then 900 mg in March.  I've been on them for about a week so we'll see.  I did start adding the extra fiber to my smoothies just to help.

Today I'm off to join the gym.  I think we are getting winter this week and last week we had a few days that were just to bitter to run outside.  As much as I hate running on treadmills, I will have to break down and do it on occasion.  I also want to add weight training to my workouts.  I know that will help my running as well.

We are moving right along here.  I'm going to get a few things done and then run some errands before the snow hits.  I also need to make a pot of coffee.  I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment