Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy Monday Morning!!!!!

It is a very brisk Monday morning too!  Today is James' 7th birthday and my nephew Chi's 4th  birthday.  Two great guys share an awesome day!!!!!!

This morning James wanted to walk to daycare so we did.  It was 23 degrees, but I thought if I could keep him moving it would be a good "warm-up" for my run home.   Yeah...not true.  I wore my running tights, which are warm when you are running.  Walking with a very talkative 7 year old, not so warm.  We got to daycare and I took my time getting my earphones in so I could get some feeling back in my legs.  My upper half, ears and hands were fine, but man were my legs numb.

I started out on my run home and it was like running through jello.  My thighs felt like lead.  I was just starting to get warmed up and into a good rythm when I ran into Mike's dad.  He was out walking the dogs and he wanted to chat.  It was fine, but getting started again after stopping was even harder than getting started the first time.  I ended up cutting my run short not just because my legs were lead, but because of time.  I had to get home and get some emails answered and get started on a lot of different things.

Tomorrow James wants to walk to school again and I'll take a different route home so I won't run into Mike's dad and it will give me a longer run.  I have 20 days until my first 8k and I'm glad I'm running in the cold because I have a sinking feeling that on the 29th it will be really cold.

Today I'm going to organize the cabinet where I keep my baking dishes.  It's now become a danger to open the door.  Part of what I'm doing this year is getting more organized and downsizing.  I'm only taking it in small chunks.  I will do one task each day and they will be short periods of time.  Today I am spending a half hour getting it organized.  I have started a box for the Salvation Army and will make run over there on Friday.  Once everything is organized I should have a better handle on keeping up with everything.

Well, Monday morning is off to a great start!  I'm hoping to keep it going!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment