Monday, January 30, 2012

First day at the gym

Today was my first day at the gym.  I got there early to get a short recovery run in before I met with my trainer.  Now I'm off and running.  I have a total of 6 sessions with my trainer to help jump start my workout.  I'm really excited and feel good after the first workout.  We just went through a weight circut after a quick warm up on an eliptical machine.  I'm not really a fan of elipticals, but maybe they will grow on me.  I feel pretty good and I'm on my path to getting stronger.

I know I've needed to add weights to help my running and now I've taken the plunge and am doing it.  I'm excited and I'm glad I'm doing it.

Right now I am eating a great breakfast of leftover homemade stir fry.  Lots of fresh veggies and chicken.  It's really good and what a great way to get my first serving of veggies.  Plus we are out of almond milk so I can't make my smoothie. 

Tomorrow I'm back in the gym.  I'll go around 6:30 and get a longer run in before I meet with my trainer.  I'm really enjoying myself and can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment