Monday, November 17, 2014

Chilly Half Marathon Training: Day 8 Rest Day

Today is my rest day.  I'm kind of glad as my legs need a day to recover some.  After dropping James off at school, River and I headed out for a walk.  It was snowing and I had to pry River off the couch.  She is not a fan of the snow.  She pouted almost the whole walk. 

I enjoyed the walk though.  The snow was the big fluffy kind.  It was cold, but it wasn't bitter cold.  I enjoyed walking through all the fluffy snow.  Now Wednesday when I go for my run I will be upset if people haven't shoveled. 

Here we are after our walk today.  River was ready to go inside and have her lunch.
River has been curled up on the couch ever since we got back.  Normally she wants to go out again, but she keeps burying her face every time I stand up.  She really hates winter.

Tomorrow I'm in the gym doing speed work and weights.  I'm looking forward to it.  I have enjoyed my rest day, but I'm ready to be back at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment