Monday, November 10, 2014

Chilly Half Marathon Training: Day 1

Yes, I'm starting my training for my 3rd half marathon.  This one will be on March 1st.  I have to train all through the winter.  I was disappointed that I had to drop out of the Toronto Waterfront Half.  I want to run this one and I want to run it well. 

I've been struggling for several months with motivation and health issues.  I think I've finally got everything under control and am ready and motivated to get this done!  I have my goal and I have my plan.  Mike and James are helping me by keeping me accountable and River is ready to train with me for as long as she can.  Once the snow hits, she won't be able to run with me.  It won't be safe for either one of us.

Mondays will end up being my rest days, but I wanted to kick off the training with a short run.  River and I did just under 2 miles.  Nice and easy and relaxed.  It felt nice and River enjoyed the cooler weather to run.

Here we are after our run this morning.





Tomorrow I'm back in the gym for speed work and weight training.  I'm up early so I can be back to get James ready for school.  I've been sleeping better so I'm hoping that I can get up and get out the door.

Wednesday I have a 4 mile run, Thursday it's the bike and weights, Friday 10k run, Saturday rest and Sunday I run a 5k race.  River is doing the run with me on Wednesday and Friday.  She will have a blast doing it too!

I have to just keep reminding myself to just get out the door.  Once I'm out and going, I feel great.  I just have to get out the door.  That's the hardest part some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment