Saturday, November 15, 2014

Chilly Half Marathon Training: Day 6

I have to say that I did beg off my workout today.  I know, the shame of it!  I had all my gym stuff with me and on my way home drove by the gym.  It was so busy I just didn't want to go in at all.  There are 2 reasons for this.  One, I hate crowds and two I still don't like people watching me workout.  I know they aren't looking at me, but I feel so uncomfortable that I just couldn't bring myself to go in and workout.  I feel like all those people that are in so much better shape than I am are judging what I'm doing.  I hate feeling like that, but I do.  Heck, it took me over a year to be able to run on main roads where lots of people would see me.  The whole day it was on my mind though.  I have to get over that and just go and do it.

Mike and I did go to St. Jacobs and had a good time shopping in all the little shops.  We got our Christmas shopping almost done.  It was so nice.  We ate at a cozy little restaurant and got to sit by the fire.






It was a nice afternoon and it's getting me in the Christmas spirit.  I still won't put up my decorations until after Thanksgiving (American Thanksgiving).  I'm looking forward to doing that in a few weeks.

Tomorrow I have my race so I will get a 5k run in and then I will walk River when we get home.  WEek one is almost done!  I have done okay up until today.  Back on track tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment