Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Chilly Half Marathon Training: Day 3

I know some people may not find my training exciting, but it helps me stay accountable and helps me organize my thoughts since running is my stress relief and my way of fighting depression.

Today was a 4 mile run.  It was cold and windy.  Such a big change from the weather yesterday!  I'm not going to lie, it would have been easy to stay inside and go back to bed.  I had to get River out for a walk no matter what so I figured I should just do my run.

The first 5k felt great!  I was moving at a good pace and I felt relaxed.  Then my stomach started to revolt against me.  I was hoping this whole thing with the iron was settled.  Guess not.  River had to stop to go to the bathroom so I took some time to stretch.  That helped.  The other thing I'm going to try is taking my iron pill at night before bed.  I'm hoping it will be through my system by the time I run in the morning.  I'll know Friday if it works.

I was afraid that my legs would be sore after lifting weights yesterday, but they felt pretty good.  They were tired, but not sore.  River loved running in the cooler weather.  She was all smiles.  When we got home she was ready for her lunch though.  As you can see, she was not amused by our selfie.






I'm so glad I did this run.  I could feel myself losing my stress as I ran.  I took over the swim school part of the team I coach and we have our first mini meet tonight.  I'm nervous about how it will go.  I know it's out of my hands as I've done everything I can to get ready for it, but I'm still stressing about it. 

I'm also worrying about Christmas.  I've gotten almost all my shopping done so I can just do the baking in December.  I have ordered some really cute shirts from Snappy Kid (www.snappykid.com) and can't wait for them to get here!  I love that sight!  It has great geeky shirts for James and my neices and nephews.  I thought I was finished and then I saw this awesome Minion shirt that I got for James for Christmas.  He will love it!!!!!!

Tomorrow I'm in the gym for cross training and weights and Friday it's my long run.  Week one is almost in the books!  March 1st will be here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment