Friday, November 14, 2014

Chilly Half Marathon Training: Day 5

Brrrrr.....I knew we were supposed to get flurries, but we woke up to some real snow this morning.  It wasn't a whole lot, but enough to cause over 100 accidents in our area before 10am.  The whole time I'm getting James ready for school I had to keep motivating myself to run.  I put on my sports bra and running shirt to take him to school.  That means I was halfway dressed when I got back.

Once I got back, I changed into my running tights and still had to talk myself into getting out the door.  River couldn't go with me so I was running solo today.  Plus the route I had to take was hilly and not the slow rolling kind.

I did get out the door.  The first 2 miles were on the shoulder of the road.  Luckily it's a wide shoulder or I would have planned a different route.  The little bit of snow we got made a huge difference in my running though.  My legs were tired by the time I got to the first steep hill.  I got about halfway up and had to walk.  I was upset, but I can't really beat myself up.  The other steep hills were like that too. 

My legs were really tired today.  The whole run they were just tired.  No soreness though so I was happy for that.  The last 2 miles felt really good.  I don't know if it was because it was either downhill or flat or because I knew I was close to home or because I finally hit my groove.  Whatever it was I felt great!

Since River couldn't go with me, I had to get her out for a walk when I got home.  I quickly changed my socks, shoes and coat and went out again with her.  It made for a nice 1.5 mile cool down.  I think it will help my legs recover better.

I did take this picture after my run and quick change as we were walking.  I was tired!






River didn't seem to keen on walking today.  I think she is still tired from her day at doggy daycare.  She also is not a huge fan of the snow.  She pouts the whole time.

Tomorrow I'm hitting the gym after swim practice for cross training and weights and Sunday I have my race.  So far my training is going well.  I feel good and I know I will get stronger everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment