Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Chilly Half Marathon Training: Day 2


This morning it was speed work and weights.  I was at the gym bright and early.  I hate the treadmill, but for speed work I can tolerate it.  I did the following:

5 minutes warm-up
10 rounds of 1 minute at my long run pace
                    45 seconds at my 5k pace
                    15 seconds at a full sprint
5 minutes cool down

I then did leg weights.  It's been since July that I've lifted weights.  I know I'm going to feel it tomorrow on my run. 

It felt good to be back in the gym and pushing myself like that.  I was tired and I was dripping because I ran inside, but I felt great!

 


This morning I got to go watch James narrate as his school's Remembrance Day assembly.  He did a great job! He was so excited to be the only 4th grader to get asked to do this.  It was a nice assembly and all the kids did a great job!

I then got to spend the rest of the day sitting at a desk figuring out coaching assignments for the next session of Swim Academy.  Whew...that's tough!

Tomorrow will be Day 3 and River and I are out for a 4 mile run.  Thursday morning I'm back in the gym for some cross training and weights and Friday is my long run.  Once I get in the swing of things, it won't be so hard for me to get out the door.

Day 2 is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment