Thursday, November 13, 2014

Chilly Half Marathon Training: Day 4

So today I was supposed to go to the gym for cross training and weights.  Mike had to go into work early and I had to be at the pool all day so I had to switch my rest day from Saturday to today.  I'm feeling a bit grumpy and sad about it too.






I can tell I need to do something active because I'm antsy and restless.  I can't even walk the dogs since I'm at the pool working on my computer.  I did get the work done so tomorrow when I'm out for my long run I won't have to feel guilty about not working at home.

Last night I had my first Mini Meet since taking over the Swim Academy.  It went well.  We had 97 swimmers last night which I think was a pretty good turn out.  We even had a lot of private lessons come to compete.  Tonight is our 2nd Mini Meet so I hope we have a great turn out for it!

It's snowing today.  Just flurries and it's dusting the ground, but it's snow.  Tomorrow will be a cold run, but once we get moving River and I are fine.  It will be cold on Sunday too for the race.  I just have to run harder so I won't freeze.

The rest of the training week looks like this: Friday 10k run, Saturday cross training and upper body weights, Sunday 5k race.  It's a good first week of training.  I'm feeling good and strong this week.  I know the next 15 weeks will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment