Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Warrior Dash, Piano Contest, and Back To Training

This past weekend I ran the Warrior Dash for the 4th year in a row.  I have a love/hate relationship with this race.  I love running and trying to conquer the obstacles, but before the race I have my moment of what the heck am I doing???????  This year was no different.  I was super nervous at the starting line and when I started out.  Once I got going though, I was fine.

It seemed that the whole race was uphill this year.  Oh my goodness was it uphill!!!!!  Some hills were steeper than others, but there were tons of hills!  The obstacles were lot more balanced this year.  Last year it seemed like there were a lot of climbing and this year it was a good balance.  I did have to go around one of them and another I got up to the top and couldn't get over it so had to climb back down.  And did I mention the hills??????

I am very proud that once again I did climb over the cargo net obstacle.  I always get to the top and have to pause and figure out how to get over the top to climb back down, but I manage to do it without killing myself.  The mud wasn't very thick this year either.  That was a blessing.  I didn't get stuck.

Here is a before and after picture of me.







We had a great time afterwards eating turkey legs and drinking a beer.  James had a big beaver tail.  We listened to a great band and enjoyed being outside in the beautiful weather.  It was a fun day!







Sunday we spent the day in Toronto at James' piano contest.  He had two performances.  The first one he got a Superior rating.  He was a little disappointed, but he wasn't expecting to place with that song.  His second performance he did really well.  He made one mistake and after he was done, looked like he was going to cry.  When they announced the winners he ended up getting 2nd place!  He was so excited!  I wish I would have had a picture of his face.





Yesterday we both were lazy so we took it as a rest day.  Today we were back at our training.  James, River and I were up early since it was supposed to get hot and humid today.  We did 5 rounds of 2 minutes run/1 minute walk and 4 rounds of 3 minutes run/1 minute walk.  James did a much better job today.  He said his new running shoes helped.  Tomorrow we are up early again for a run possibly in the rain.  Friday we are going to Huron Park to do our run because we are doing a special video for a contest that goes along with our virtual run we are doing this week.  It's going to be awesome and funny according to James.  I can't wait to see what he has planned.

I'm looking forward to another great summer day with James tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment