Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Back In the Gym

It has been almost 5 months since I've been in the gym.  I figured it would be a gong show, but it wasn't that bad.  In my effort to go back to basics I did intervals on the treadmill.  I did make them speed intervals though.  Here is what I did:

3 minutes @ 3.7-4.1
1 minute @ 5.5
3 minutes @ 3.7-4.1
1 minute @ 6.0
3 minutes @ 3.7-4.1
1 minute @ 6.5
3 minutes @ 3.7-4.1
1 minute @ 7.0
3 minutes @ 3.7-4.1
1 minute @ 7.5
5 minute cool down

I like this interval workout.  I think it will be good to do for the next couple of weeks when I do speed intervals in the gym.  I will increase the speed on the 1 minute intervals though.  Next week I wills start at 6.0 and work up to 8.0.  It makes the time go by quickly too.

I also lifted weights for the first time since February.  I didn't lose as much as I thought I would.  I just did legs today and my weight was only 5 pounds lighter on each machine than what it was in February.

It was a quick trip to the gym, but I packed a lot in during that 40 minutes.  I feel pretty good too.

When I got home I didn't even change since I was just going to get the dogs out for their walk.  We did just under 2 miles and the last 7 minutes I got a good upper body workout as they all started to go crazy for some reason.  The first 30 minutes they were picture perfect.  Then something hit them all at once and the crazy was released.  River started barking and stopping every few feet to look for rabbits.  Anya started pulling forward trying to get birds.  Mulder kept wanting to go back to where we had just come so he was pulling behind me.  There was all kind of crazy going on.

Tomorrow morning James will run with me.  We will go 25 minutes doing the run/walk intervals I did yesterday.  1:1 for the first 10 minutes and then 2:1 for the last 15 minutes.  It will help him as well.  Next week we do the Lord of the Bling 10k virtual run.  He's excited.  I think we may break up the 10k over a couple of days though.  He's just not ready for a straight 10k.

Should be a fun morning tomorrow!  Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment