Thursday, July 3, 2014

It Doesn't Feel Like July

And I'm okay with that right now.  I got up and went for a run with River this morning.  It was a beautiful 54 degrees.  There was no humidity and a nice breeze.  River was in heaven.  She got to chase her giant growling bunnies (buses) and check out what was going on in the neighborhood. 

While I love this change in weather, my head has different ideas.  I've been fighting migraines this week.  With storm systems moving through and now Arthur moving up the coast, my head has been on the verge of exploding for several days.  I have been taking a lot of headache/migraine meds which in turn has caused my stomach to revolt.  I have to decide if I want blinding pain or an upset stomach.  I have chosen the upset stomach.

During the run my head started hurting. I made sure I brought lots of water and drank some so that helped a bit.  I usually don't run with water for short runs like this, but after being so dehydrated this past weekend, I decided to take some.  I was glad I did.  River had her water bottle and ended up wanting to drink some which she rarely does on the short runs.  I guess we both needed the water.

I'm using this week and next week to get my endurance base back then I start on a 14 week training plan for my half marathon.  I sat down last night and put my schedule in my planner along with my races and swim schedule.  It looks good.

Next week I'm back at the weights too.  I don't like lifting weights all that much, but I know I need to do it.  I also need to get more core work in.  Those are my biggest weaknesses in my training.  I will be able to do it and I have to just stay on myself.

Tomorrow we have another short 3-4 mile run.  I'm looking forward to it and the weather should be nice again.  Just have to stay with it and get back on a good schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment